Full-Day Transitional Kindergarten And Full-Day Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It’s official! Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, we will offer full-day transitional kindergarten (TK) at four elementary schools and full-day kindergarten (K) at all 22 elementary schools.
To be admitted to Kindergarten, your child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2019. To be admitted to Transitional Kindergarten, your child must turn 5 between September 2, 2019 and December 2, 2019.
To register children, parents/guardians should bring:
- Proof of child's date of birth ( certified copy of a Birth Certificate, Notarized Affidavit of Birth, Baptismal Certificate, Physician's Cert. /Hospital Cert., County Recorder's Cert., Passport, or Family Bible. Ed Code 48002).
- Child's current immunization record including: 4 Polio (3 is acceptable if the last dose was given on or after the fourth birthday), 5 DTaP ( 4 is acceptable if the last dose was given on or after the fourth birthday), 2 MMR (both given on or after first birthday), 3 Hepatitis B, and 2 Varicella (chicken pox) or proof that the child has had chicken pox confirmed by a health care provider,
- Verification of residence ( utility bill, receipts from rent or property tax payments)
- Proof of child's health screening within the last 12 months (physical exam)
- Proof of dental exam within the last 12 months
- Students who are not up to date on their immunizations will not be allowed to attend school